Before the course:
Please read carefully the application requirements listed here
Please see here the application requirements
- The courses last usually 1-3 days and tend to occur in underserved areas of the world.
- They are usually attended by 50-200 people, including trainees, pediatric nephrologists, pediatricians, nurses and other health professionals. Other formats can also be proposed.
- Examples of course formats include hands-on training courses, regional courses that are repeated at different locations during the year, and small group retreats with an experienced IPNA tutor.
- The "IPNA teaching course program" does not sponsor general meetings of regional, national or international societies or larger congresses on specific topics. Applications for pre-congress and post-congress courses are discouraged, but can be accepted if the congress takes place in a second or third world locations and if the course is clearly identified as an "IPNA-sponsored course".
- IPNA will only cover speaker expenses during the duration of the course.
- IPNA support cannot be used as a source of income for the main meeting. If speakers are invited to give additional lectures at the main meeting, the additional costs must be cover by the congress organization.
- For courses two or more days in duration, the budget is limited to $7000 USD. For a one-day course, the budget is usually $5000 USD or less, but may be increased to $7000 USD if there is convincing justification.
- IPNA sponsorship can only be used to pay for travel and accommodation of speakers that are active IPNA members, for educational material, or to promote attendance of young trainees.
- Food and beverages cannot be included in the budget.
- All IPNA Teaching Courses are nonprofit.
All applications should include a detailed budget estimation and the course program (a draft program is acceptable).
During the course
All organizers are asked to obtain the list of the participants. At the beginning of course, IPNA should be promoted by the congress organizer or selected speaker.
After the course
You are required to send to IPNA the final report from the course within two months after the course.
Please note that IPNA strongly encourages disseminating the presentation materials to all members. This is easiest done by proving PowerPoint slides in a PDF format. Other materials (videos, audio materials, and other documents) can also be posted.
Educational materials can be uploaded online here.
Please do not hesitate to contact IPNA Office if you have any questions - office [at] ipna-online.org