The International Pediatric Nephrology Association (IPNA) launched the Junior Working Group in 2014 to establish strong links between IPNA and early career nephrologists from different regions around the world. The working group, comprises one representative from each of the seven regional societies (i.e., ALANEPE, ANZPNA, ASPN, AFPNA, ESPN, JSPN, and AsPNA). The group elects one representative from among its members to sit on IPNA council for a maximum of two years.
First junior working group (2014-2017)
- Adam R. Weinstein from USA for ASPN
- Aditi Sinha from India for AsPNA
- Alfonso Huante Anaya from Mexico for ALANEPE
- Ana Teixeira from Portugal for ESPN
- Christopher Esezobor from Nigeria for AFPNA
- Shoichio Kanda from Japan for JSPN
- Amelia Lepage from Australia for ANZPNA
To encourage participation in activities of the IPNA by pediatric nephrologists under 40 years of age by providing enhanced value to their membership by (i) supporting their transition into practice through access to educational resources, (ii) facilitating participation in policy development and other activities, and (iii) promoting young leaders to take on responsibilities under mentorship of senior colleagues.
- Involvement in IPNA life and prospects
- Participation in the organization and delivery of IPNA sponsored regional educational events
- Suggest topics for guidelines and standards
- Creating a network/forum for young nephrologists aiming to foster education and collaboration
The first working group completes its tenure in 2017. This is a call nominations to the second working group, with a term proposed for 2018-2021.
Colleagues under 37 years of age who are keen to represent their regional society and participate in the activities of the IPNA should apply for this position.
You should apply through the form below: application form.
Applications should be submitted no later than 15 August 2017.
Incomplete applications will not be accepted. Successful applicants will be announced by email in the first week of November 2017.