IPNA Sister Program
Linking developing pediatric renal units in less well resourced regions (EMERGING CENTRE) to experienced pediatric renal units in well resourced regions (SUPPORTING CENTRE) on a 1 to 1 basis.
Assist in improving:
- Clinical training of staff (medical, nursing and allied health staff) involved in caring for children with kidney disease
- Developing and upgrading services for children and adolescents with kidney diseases
- Education of the community regarding disease awareness and preventative strategies
- Clinical research development
NB Educational Grant and not a Service grant – i.e. not to buy medication and equipment.
Read more about the first Sister Centre project here.
- Priority to Host centres from Emerging Countries to be teamed on application with Mentor centre
- Centres in similar geographic proximity are encouraged
- Preference to a centre who has a previously trained IPNA fellow
- Both applicants (EC) and (SC) must be IPNA members
Requirements for paired application
|Name and position of Applicant with CV|
Centre – Name and geographic region
|Motivation for application including needs and goals for 2 year commitment||Motivation for application – How supoporting centre can support Emerging Centre for 2 year commitment|
|Financial plan – with breakdown of how money will be spent|
Existing hospital facilities including:
Describe assistance in terms of:
|Main Language of communication|
|Past IPNA fellows|
2-years paired program.
Up to a maximum of USD 2500 for a 2-years period.
- 2 x airline flights – 1 to EC and 1 to SC (presumption that EC/SC may be able to provide accommodation for duration of visit)
- USD 500 for educational meetings: teaching courses (may be able to host a IPNA teaching course) or educational material for staff and parents/patients
- Reviews with assessments of success and challenges of program at 1 year, 2 years and 1 year post completion of program.
- Keep developing new programs with a 2-year tenure only.