Before the course – Application
All applications should include a detailed budget estimation, bank details for transfer of the funds and the course program (a draft program is acceptable).
If you have any difficulties submitting online TC application, please contact office IPNA directly. Please attach the budget, program and your CV.
Please note that there are three deadlines to apply for a Teaching Course:
- April 1
- July 1
- October 1
Received applications will be evaluated shortly after each deadline.
Read carefully: Please see here the application requirements
- The courses last usually 1-3 days and tend to occur in underserved areas of the world.
- They are usually attended by 50-200 people, including trainees, pediatric nephrologists, pediatricians, nurses and other health professionals. Other formats can also be proposed.
- Examples of course formats include hands-on training courses, regional courses that are repeated at different locations during the year, and small group retreats with an experienced IPNA tutor.
- The “IPNA teaching course program” does not sponsor general meetings of regional, national or international societies or larger congresses on specific topics. Applications for pre-congress and post-congress courses are discouraged, but can be accepted if the congress takes place in a second or third world locations and if the course is clearly identified as an “IPNA-sponsored course”.
- IPNA will only cover speaker expenses during the duration of the course.
- IPNA support cannot be used as a source of income for the main meeting. If speakers are invited to give additional lectures at the main meeting, the additional costs must be cover by the congress organization.
- For courses two or more days in duration, the budget is limited to $7000 USD. For a one-day course, the budget is usually $5000 USD or less, but may be increased to $7000 USD if there is convincing justification.
- IPNA sponsorship can only be used to pay for travel and accommodation of speakers that are active IPNA members, for educational material, or to promote attendance of young trainees.
- Food and beverages cannot be included in the budget.
- All IPNA Teaching Courses are nonprofit.
Teaching Course Application: Evaluation Criteria
Various measurer are applied when evaluating the applications received:
- Economic development of the country: Favor those at most need; Gross national Income per capita (GNI) as defined by World Bank – dividing countries into low, lower middle, upper middle, high income levels https://datahelpdesk.worldbank.org/knowledgebase/articles/906519
- Audience size: The more participants, the better
- Audience type: IPNA should invest most in educating/training practitioners and trainees
- New TC site: New TC site with no IPNA sponsored TC at this site in last 5 ys
- Enduring materials for TC participants/others: TC materials available after the TC to participants and others provides more value than one that is not
During the course
All organizers are asked to obtain the list of the participants. At the beginning of course, IPNA should be promoted by the congress organizer or selected speaker.
Attendees automatically give consent for IPNA to use photographs and videos taken at the event at registration (sign up for the event). If a participant wishes a published image removed, IPNA Office can be contacted and the image will be removed from the web as far as possible.
After the course
You are required to send to IPNA the final report from the course within two months after the course.
Please note that IPNA strongly encourages disseminating the presentation materials to all members. This is easiest done by proving PowerPoint slides in a PDF format. Other materials (videos, audio materials, and other documents) can also be posted.
Please do not hesitate to contact IPNA Office if you have any questions – email@example.com
For the upcoming courses please visit our page “Upcoming events“